This article post will explain to you how to read the Lotus Notes archive file in Outlook? Here you will get the best solutions to migrate HCL Notes NSF files. And all solutions are verified by IT experts. So, you may use these methods without any doubt.
Lotus Notes (HCL Notes) and Microsoft Outlook are the most popular and widely used email services, and both are used on large scale in businesses worldly. Due to this popularity, it makes it likely that information will be exported from one program to another program. Moreover, they are two different email clients and the process can be very complicated.
“We are operating IBM Notes as our email client in our company. Now, I need to access my NSF archive files in IBM Notes but I am unable to do so due to some technical error. The archive files involve some important data in it. So, I need to know how to read the Lotus Notes archive file in Outlook. If yes, then is there any method to read these files in Outlook as I use it for my personal use.”
Reasons Why Users Want to Open & Access NSF File in Outlook
There are many possible reasons why users have this question. Some of the reasons are explained below:
- User Interface – IBM Notes has a difficult graphic user interface as compared to MS Outlook that makes it tough for the users to use it.
- High Maintenance Cost – IBM Notes maintenance cost is very high as compared to MS Outlook due to which many non-technical users need to change their email application.
- Technical Support It is quite tough for non-technical users to work on HCL Notes due to its complicated features. That is why the users have a question i.e. how to read Lotus Notes Archive File in Outlook because they require some technical support and assistance to get used to it whereas MS Outlook users don’t need any technical help.
- Open in Smart Devices – when a user operates MS Outlook, then users can have access to the mailbox data items in the smart devices as well such as mobile phones, tablets, etc.
- Operate Multiple Accounts – There is a limitation in Lotus Notes that a user cannot access more than one account at a time.
How to Open HCL Lotus Notes Database in Outlook in a Manual Way
Before we start the manual techniques, make sure you backup your HCL Notes data items and related data before converting Lotus Notes NSF to PST file format. Now, follow the step-by-step guide for migration of Lotus Notes to Outlook manually:
To perform the conversion process of NSF to PST, users need to follow two steps i.e.
- Content NSF Files to CSV
- Import Resultant CSV Files into Outlook
STEP 1. Convert HCL Notes Data to CSV Format
- Open IBM Notes email application, click on File option, then Open >> Lotus Notes application.
- Select the Browse button to choose the NSF file and click on the Open button.
- After that, select File Menu >> Click the Export button.
- Now, under the Export dialogue box, enter a file name, destination path, and file saving type.
- Pick the Comma Separated Value format.
- At the end, in the CSV Export screen wizard, select the required options as per your needs.
STEP 2. Import Converted CSV File to Outlook
- Open MS Outlook email program
- Run Microsoft Outlook email application.
- Select to File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Now, choose “Import from another program or file” and hit on the Next.
- Select Comma Separated values and press the Next.
- Pick the Browse button to navigate the CSV file generated using the Export command and press the Next.
- Browse the desired folder to save the converted data and click on Next.
- After that, tick the Checkbox in the import file and tap the finish button.
Problems Aries with Manual Migration Solutions
Switching Lotus Notes emails to Outlook manually is your choice but you should know its drawbacks and limitations listed below:
- The free Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook conversion process is very lengthy and a little bit complex for novice users.
- Users might be confused with the free method since there are a lot of steps involved.
- The manual method can reason data loss or file corruption if done incorrectly.
- It does not allow bulk conversion of NSF files to PST file format.
- Both IBM Notes and Outlook email applications are required for the conversion process.
Now, if you want to skip these drawbacks and disadvantages then get a successful and direct solution for reading the Lotus Notes archive file in Outlook, here is the best solution.
CubexSoft NSF to PST Converter Software – A Direct Conversion Tool
One of the best and most reliable solutions is CubexSoft NSF to PST Converter to migrate NSF files. Moreover, this software is user-friendly and easy to use. It converts NSF files into multiple different file formats such as – Outlook PST, PDF, MBOX, EML, MSG, Office 365, Gmail, Exchange Server, and many more. Users may easily access all Lotus Notes databases to Outlook using this software. The application has direct solutions for exporting NSF files to other file formats.
Step-By-Step Working Guide to Migrate NSF Files to PST Format
- Download and install CubexSoft NSF Converter Software on your Windows PC.
- Select NSF files/folders by clicking Add Files option.
- Now software scans all loading NSF files and then shows a preview of the folder structure.
- Click on the Export button to select the desired saving format.
- Browse the destination path to save the converted files.
- Finally, click on the Convert button to start the conversion process.
In this article, we have explained how to read Lotus Notes archive files in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and other versions using manual methods, which has some drawbacks. As well as software that has reliable and advanced features. So, select the solution according to your requirement. Hope you liked the informative article.