It’s not always easy to take down the enemy, crush your high score, or perfect your gaming strategy. But you’re not one to abandon your work for nothing—you’re in it for the long haul. Every great gamer knows that if you’re going to enter a marathon gaming session, you need the right gear on your side to help you get the job done. In this post, we’re checking out 4 essentials you need to elevate your gaming setup, from high-performance computer tech to premier desk setups.
1) Seamless visuals
Ask any gamer what’s the most important part of their gaming setup, and they’re more than likely going to say it’s all about the visuals. Whether you’re playing Minecraft, Fortnite, or WOW, it’s the game design and graphics that allow you to dive into a world outside of your day-to-day reality. That’s why your display and graphics processor are the most important pieces of your gaming rig. If your rig is in need of an upgrade, there are a few ways you can take your visuals to the next level.
- Update your graphics card: If you’re not looking to update your entire gaming setup, getting a new graphics card is an easy way to enhance your graphics. You can update your graphics card yourself, just make sure you research the best graphics card for the computer model that you have, otherwise you could end up with a card that’s not compatible with your device.
- Invest in new gaming tech: Probably the most frustrating thing that can happen to a gamer is a lag in your graphics display: enter, AMD freesync. If you’re asking yourself, “what is AMD freesync?,” you’re not alone. AMD freesync is a relatively new technology that basically increases the refresh rate of graphics to create a smoother gameplay. This feature minimizes the possibility of screen tearing, lagging, and stuttering which can cause you to miss out on important signals that could impact your performance.
- Overclocking: If you’re not in the market for any new technology, you may also consider overclocking your GPU by 10-15%. Note: when you overclock your processor, you’re essentially imposing stress onto the device, causing it to function faster than normal. While this is convenient for your gaming, it’s important to keep in mind that this process can cause your device to overheat, so you may want to get a cooling unit to keep your GPU functioning at its best.
2) A supportive gaming chair
When you’re deep in a marathon gaming session, the last thing you need is to worry about stressors outside of the gamescape—namely discomfort and physical distraction. A supportive gaming chair is a key piece of a functional gaming setup, and it can even be the difference between a successful gaming session and one that just misses the mark.
When shopping for a new gaming chair, look for the following features:
- Lumbar and elbow support
- Breathable material
- Easy-gliding wheels
3) Comfortable gaming headphones
For many gamers, audio is the most important part of the gaming experience (next to visual display). Whether you’re collaborating with other gamers or navigating a new space, a clear audio connection is essential if you want to stay a step ahead of your competition.
If you play multiplayer games or video stream your gaming sessions, you’ll want to invest in a pair of gaming headphones that include a microphone, as this can improve the connection between you and the other players.
4) An all-in-one desk setup
The home to your gaming rig should be comfortable, organized, and most importantly, it should be functional. Sure, you could get a standard desk setup and be able to achieve some pretty impressive scores, but a refined gaming setup can definitely take you to the next level of your craft. These specialized gaming desks for example, are layered with a mousepad-like material that allows you to use your mouse throughout the surface of your desk, giving you more freedom and more accuracy.
Other cool features to look for in a gaming desk setup include:
- Standing desk option
- Cable management system
In order to take your gaming success to the next level, you need:
- Seamless visuals
- A supportive gaming chair
- Comfortable headphones
- And an all-in-one desk setup