Having the power of a workstation combined with the size of an ultrabook, the MSI WS60 2OJ, supposedly claims the spot of the thinnest and lightest portable workstation. Advertised as “a perfect mix and match of power and portability,” the WS60 weighs just 4.36 pounds and is 0.78 inches thick. But another competitor already has bagged that title namely the Dell Presicion M3800 with a slimmer 0.71 inches of thickness and with is lighter with just 4.15 pounds.
The main specifications and features of the MSI WS60 2OJ include:
- Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7-4710HQ
- Memory/Storage: up to 16 GB DDR3L 1600 MHz; up to 2X128 GB SSD and 1X1 TB HDD
- Display: 15.6-inch Full HD anti-reflective or WQHD+ 3K IPS
- Video adapter: NVIDIA Kepler Quadro K2100M 2GB GDDR5
- Webcam: Full HD (30 fps)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11 a/c, Gigabit LAN, 3XUSB 3.0, SD card reader, Thunderbolt 2 port, HDMI 1.4
- Operating system: Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 7 Professional
- Weight/Dimensions: 4.19 pounds; 15.35X10.47X0.78 inches
- Battery: 6-cell Lithium-Polymer, 4,840 mAh
For $2300 you’ll get the Full HD 15.6-inch display configuration. For an additional $300 dollars, the resolution is bumped to 3K with an additional 128GB SSD
With those specifications, it is truly built for the needs of multimedia & entertainment designers, CAD CAM engineers.
“The WS60 is the perfect workstation for mobile designers and CAD CAM Engineers,” according to Andy Tung, president of MSI Pan America. “It combines the versatility of an ultrabook with the performance of a workstation and takes it to another level with Thunderbolt connectivity, MSI’s Shortcut Manager, and an array of gaming components.”