James Bond? If ever you would like to be one, you might be needing this latest fully-rugged tablet from Panasonic that has been recently outed in the Consumers Electronics Show (CES 2014) early this month. It’s the latest member of the Toughpad, the range of rugged computers from Panasonic.
The Toughpad FZ-M1 is claimed to be the lightest and thinnest 7-inch slate running a 4th generation Intel Core-i5 processor paired with Windows 8.1 Pro making it highly compatible to enterprise or government processes. There are wide array of available configurations for this tablet which can cater any specifics needs in the business. Some of the most common uses which requires this kind of toughness would be work in the field, sales, retails and logistics –which makes sense for its daylight readable display.
Check out the key specifications the Toughpad FZ-M1 below and let us know how do you feel about the device.
You can check out the full listing of Panasonic Toughpad tablets in Amazon.com for its current pricing and availability.
Toughpad FZ-M1: Key Features
- High-Performance Processing Power: 4th generation Intel® Core™ i5 vPro™ processor, or an Intel® Celeron processor (available Summer 2014)
- Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit with Windows 7 Professional downgrade option available
- Durability: MIL-STD-810G, 5’ drop, IP65 fully sealed fanless design
- Screen: 7-inch daylight-readable WXGA display (1280×800); high-sensitivity 10-point capacitive multitouch input, with an optional Stylus pen
- Storage & Memory: 128GB SSD (256GB SSD option available) with 8 GB RAM (Intel® Core™ i5 vPro processor model)
- Connectivity & I/O: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC7260 Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth® v4.0 (Class 1), USB 3.0, micro SDXC card slot, docking connector, optional 4G LTE multi-carrier embedded wireless broadband. Other options include dedicated GPS, Barcode reader, Ethernet, serial port, and choice of near field communications (NFC), SmartCard reader, UHF radio-frequency identification (RFID) reader (up to 10 ft. range), or Magnetic Stripe reader
- Lightweight Portability: 1.2 lbs., 0.7” thin (standard configuration)
- Battery: 8 hours per MobileMark® 2007 testing (user-replaceable); optional hot swap bridge battery and high capacity battery (16 hours) available
- Camera: 720P built-in front camera with mic; 5MP rear camera with auto focus and LED light
- Security: Enterprise-class security features include encryption, IPsec VPN, trusted boot and root protection
- Warranty: The Toughpad FZ-M1 is backed by the industry’s most comprehensive 3-year warranty and U.S.-based customer support