Reports from various known tech sites have confirmed the long rumored September 12th special event from the Cupertino-giant that is most likely aimed to officially launch the new iPhone for mass consumption.
Engadget, Slashgear and Mashable are reporting Apple’s invite for the event at Yerba Buena Center starting from 10AM PT.
The “iPhone 5” might be the official moniker with the visible “5” shadow on the invite. This will be in contrary with the “new iPhone” moniker following the new naming from supposedly iPad 3 but turns out to be the “new iPad” when it became official.
Here’s what we might expect to be revealed on the said event:
- A taller iPhone version with 4.08-inch screen
- Redesigned iPhone earphones bundled with the new device
- The new iPhone 5 might hit the shelves on September 21st from Verizon and AT&T
- Possible much longer battery life, as it can house now a much larger battery pack
- The new iPhone 5 with smaller a dock connector