It looks like that Canon 1D X have a formidable competition now with Nikon’s D4. Accordingly, this new Nikon’s high-end camera is claimed to be announced before CES/PMA probably early January 2012. Nikon Rumors have posted D4’s specs which we feature after the break.
Nikon D4 Full Specifications
- 16.2 MP
- 11 fps
- 100-102,400 native ISO range, expandable to 50 and 204,800
- CF + XQD memory card slots! That’s right, the Nikon D4 will have the new Compact Flash XQD memory card slot.
- Compatible with the new Nikon WT-5 wireless transmitter
- Integrated Ethernet in the camera
- Face detection/recognition function that will be working in the viewfinder (maybe some type of a hybrid viewfinder? Nikon had several related patents)
- Improved video, I have no other details on that but my guess is 1080p/30/25/24 and 720p/60/30/25/24 similar to the Nikon D800
- Uncompressed video out through the HDMI port
- Ability to assign the two buttons on the front of the camera to smooth aperture control during video recording
- Improved 51 AF points
- AF detection range will go down to EV-2.0 (the D3s went to EV -1)
- Autofocus system: 9 cross-type sensors that are operational up to f/8
You better let go of the idea that this camera would be available soon, as there still no sign of Compact Flash XQD memory card in the market.
Source: Nikon Rumors