Whenever we buy headphones, the choices we make are mainly based on how good the sound quality that they produce. Are the bass sounds deep enough that you tremble to the every beat that is produced? Are the high frequency components pronounced enough that actual sound detail isn’t lost? Those are the typical questions, but another reason that we should be asking is ‘how durable can these be?‘ Because more often that not, we tend to buy new sets of headphones because we can’t hear anything from them anymore, probably broken at some point.
• Dynamic 40-millimeter drivers deliver premium sound quality
• Tangle-free fabric cable, cable stress relief, and reinforced aluminum connectors for strength
• Durable, temperature-resistant TR55LX construction for active lifestyles
• Flexible outer headband; auto-fit inner headband with comfy and stretchy neoprene padding
• Deluxe, noise-isolating, super-soft ear cushions
Design: Over-the-ear, Sound-Isolating
Special Feature: TR55LX Super Stretch Nylon
The headband piece is made of two parts, the head cushion made for maximum comfort, and the headband made of this super stretch nylon. Here are some information about this material:
“A Durable, temperature resistant material that is perfect for the lifestyle of any action sports enthusiast. If you are in a situation where you are freezing, melting or breaking, don’t worry about your headphones because chances are, they won’t be.”
• Impact resistant
• High stress-crack resistant
• Retains its flexibility and strength at low temperatures
• Incredibly tough material with a surface hardness that is 6-times that of Poly Carbonate — the material most commonly used in heave duty headphones
• Unlike Poly Carbonate, which can become brittle at sub-zero temperatures, TR55LX remains just as flexible whether it’s +25 degrees Celsius or -25 degrees Celsius
• Unlike materials such as Poly Carbonate, which decrease in strength after prolonged storage in high temperatures, TR55LX can be taken to the hottest place on the planet for months on end and it will not be affected
We’ll demonstrate how stretched can “The Stretch” be in the main review section.
The cable itself is nicely designed with the red and black theme of the headphone unit. One point to notice is that there are two separate areas where you should connect the cable. First is from the jack of the device and the other is from the headphone itself, providing two points of separation. This is another plus for us since this takes care of one problem people encounter with headphones, and earphones, in general. There are tendencies when the cable gets overstretched whenever it gets tangled onto some object and you try to pull it. More often than not, this leads to most breakage in cables since there’s only one point of connection, and it is typically to the device, which is often stored in your packet or bag. With “The Stretch” however, aside from the cable being covered with tangle-free cable, having another point of connection means that the stress is lessened by splitting it to two points, further decreasing the chance of cable failure.
Pros: “The Stretch” truly lives up to the name it holds — extremely durable, no questions about it. And the good thing is, it doesn’t compromise comfort for the durability. It fits nicely once you wear it and it doesn’t put pressures on your head like other headphones do. Then there’s the little bonus with the fabric cable with two points of attachment, adding up to the durability factor of this headphone, as well as great in noise cancellation. As for the sounds, they are produced with fidelity, and performs well in the ranges that matter. Simple and effective.
Cons: There isn’t too much to say about this except that the sound that it delivers its alright, too alright to be exact at times. Chances are it won’t give you the kick you wanted to, especially in the deep base. So if you want to be blown away by the tunes you listen to, you may pass on this one.
The Bottom Line: Overall, “The Stretch” provides the right balance and you get your $99.99 worth with it. If you’re one of those ‘animals’ they’re talking about, then this is the perfect headphones for you.
You can check out other customer reviews here.