We doubt if you don’t noticed that iPhone/iPod gaming has taken away some parts of the hand-held gaming sales chart from Nintendo DSi and Sony PSP, compared to Android devices –gaming seems to be underwhelming. However it seems this time Sony Ericsson is prepping a gaming device, new gaming platform and ecosystem sitting on Gingerbread (Android 3.0) to redefine and push gaming on Google’s mobile platform. And what good on it, Engadget report it’s “already in the late stages of planning”. Check out the full specs details yet after the break.
Sony Ericsson PSP Go-like smartphone specification:
- Slider form-factor much like Samsung Captivate and the PSP Go combined (see image mock-up above)
- Larger display, 3.7 and 4.1 inches with WVGA or higher resolution
- 5 megapixel camera (not final)
- Running 1GHz Snapdragon CPU
- Variant comes in black with some silver highlights
- Currently branded as a Xperia device, but may carry PlayStation branding
- Running Gingerbread (Android 3.0) with a phone-specific skin
- Android Market section specifically for the games (for all Android device, maybe)
- Game graphics may come in PSX or PSP (true 3D gaming for Android)
- Titles may include God of War, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and LittleBigPlanet
- Device and Ecosystem could be introduced October 2010
This is believable with the fact that all three companies could have a win-win situation, Google with Android, Sony, and Sony Ericsson as well. Now what, can we hear your violent reaction at the comment line?