Back May last year Intel announced the Nehalem-EX Octal Core processor, but later this month the monster server CPU is set to hit the market. The company hyped the new Nehalem-EX-based Xeons processor to be the “single greatest generational jump in its history”. Hit on the continue link for more blood-pumping details.
Nehalem-EX-based Xeons Specification details:
- Intel Nehalem Architecture built on Intel’s unique 45nm high-k metal gate technology process
- Up to 8 cores per processor
- Up to 16 threads per processor with Intel Hyper-threading
- Scalability up to eight sockets via Quick Path Interconnects and greater with third-party node controllers
- QuickPath Architecture with four high-bandwidth links
- 24MB of shared cache
- Integrated memory controllers
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Intel scalable memory buffer and scalable memory interconnects
- Up to 9x the memory bandwidth of previous generation
- Support for up to 16 memory slots per processor socket
- Advanced RAS capabilities including MCA Recovery
- 2.3 billion transistors
Maintain reliable dedicated servers for your networking needs.
So if money isn’t a problem seeing Crysis 2 running on your PC running Nehalem-EX would surely fire up envy eyes of your friends.